Employment Opportunities at Vision Source of Atwood
Job Title: Front Desk/Receptionist
Hours of Work: 4 Days a Week – Tuesday through Friday
8 am – 5 pm
To Apply: Email your letter of introduction, resume and 3 work references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet patients and answer telephone.
- Schedule appointments: gather patient information to create computer records.
- Check in patients: present office payment policies, HIPAA required paperwork, obtain or update crucial patient information including insurance information, maintain flow of patient movement with doctors and staff.
- Check out patients: must be able to summarize procedures and associated costs, collect patient payments, schedule upcoming appointments, check for accuracy of superbills, charges and recall information.
- Prepare patient superbills in advance of appointments.
- Schedule patients for related appointments with other professionals (i.e. ophthalmologists, etc.).
- Confirm appointment times and dates with patients, follow-up with no-shows and other missed appointments.
- Be knowledgeable regarding various insurance plans. Pull insurance information in advance of patient’s appointment.
- Triage eye urgencies or emergencies according to protocol.
- Backup assistance to opticians – including assisting patients in frame and lens selections, fitting and dispensing of glasses and repairing glasses, being knowledgeable on all types of lenses and optical products to best suit a patient’s needs.
- Assist with various monthly office mailings (recalls, special events, etc).
- Filing as needed.
- Assisting doctors, office manager and team leader with other duties as assigned.
The receptionist must be a friendly, out-going, organized individual who assists patients, doctors and staff. This individual must often multi-task while always maintaining the front desk as both friendly and efficient. The receptionist is usually the first and last person the patient sees in our office, so she must view herself as an ambassador/ representative of the practice and be willing to be constantly energized to meet patients’ needs in a friendly, professional manner.